English | Malay
means the youth platform set up by Berjaya Corporation Berhad to enable the youth of Malaysia to make a difference in the community and embrace diversity.
means Berjaya Corporation Berhad (Company No. 554790-X) and includes its subsidiaries, related and associate companies.
means any information in our possession or control that relates directly or indirectly to you (or any other individual) to the extent that you (or such other individual) are identified or identifiable from that information or from other information in our possession.
"Programmes and Activities"
means any programmes, activities or services offered by Berjaya Youth.
"We", "us" or "our"
means Berjaya Youth.
1. Personal Information
1.1 What we collect from you
Personal Information we collect about you, include but is not limited, to the following: -
- personal details such as name, identity card number, age, gender, nationality, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address and other details.
- information in connection with Programmes and Activities you have registered with us for participation, information, updates, inquiries, etc.
- personal interests or preferences such as language, product or content interests, communicating and marketing preferences.
- other information that are, have been or may be collected by us or which you provide to us, from time to time, in connection with any service, transaction, contest, survey, promotion, questionnaire, forms or communication with us.
- your photos, videos, and/or other images submitted for participation in contests, survey, on-ground and online activities, etc.
- when you visit our website, there is automatic collection of some information about your computer such as IP address, web browser software and other information about your visit.
Certain information requested by us are mandatory which you must provide and agree to the processing of such mandatory information by us, failing which, we will not be able to provide you the relevant information and updates pertaining to the Programmes and Activities.
1.2 How your Personal Information is collected
- when you sign up for the Programmes and Activities or register your interest with us to participate in or to obtain information, services and updates on the Programmes and Activities.
- when you visit our website or social networking sites.
- when you enter contests or respond to surveys, promotions or questionnaires.
- from third party sources and publicly available sources of information.
- pursuant to any transaction or inquiry or communication made with or to us.
- when you fill in forms.
1.3 Purpose of collecting and processing your Personal Information
- to communicate with you.
- to process your application, inquiry or request.
- for administrative purposes.
- to respond to your queries.
- to conduct research and statistical analysis.
- to help us monitor and improve our services.
- to comply with applicable laws, proceedings or inquiries from regulatory authorities, and enforcement agencies.
- any other purposes permitted by applicable laws.
- to market and promote other products, programmes and services that are or may be offered by us or our partners from time to time.
- to provide you with information and updates on the Programmes and Activities.
1.4 Sensitive Personal Data
- We do not collect Sensitive Personal Data from you unless required by applicable laws. If you do not want your Sensitive Personal Data collected by us, please do not submit it.
- "Sensitive Personal Data" means any personal data consisting of information as to physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of an offence or any personal data prescribed under law as sensitive personal data.
To facilitate the purposes above and the provision of products and services to you, we may process, use and disclose your Personal Information to the following classes of third parties: -
3. Transfer Of Personal Information Outside Malaysia
- companies within Berjaya Group.
- regulatory authorities and enforcement agencies.
- any court of law or any relevant party in connection with any claim or legal proceedings.
- our contractors, service providers, consultants, and advisors on a need-to-know basis.
Your Personal Information may be transferred to a country outside Malaysia. You hereby consent to us transferring your Personal Information outside of Malaysia, including to the class of third parties set out above.
4. Links To Other Websites
5. Access Or Update Your Personal Information
5.1 You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us (for e.g., your spouse, children, relatives or third parties), and as such, as and when such information becomes incorrect or outdated you should correct or update such information by contacting us or submitting fresh information.
5.2 You may, by writing to us at the address set out in Section 7
- request for a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you.
- request to rectify or update your Personal Information.
Please provide proof of your identity, address and sufficient information to enable us to identify you when submitting your request to us.
5.3 On receipt of your written request, we may:
6. Limit The Process Of Your Personal Information
- comply with or refuse your request to access or rectify your Personal Information. If we refuse, we will notify you the reasons for such refusal.
- charge a fee for processing your request for access or rectification
- do not wish to receive offers, promotions and marketing materials and information on other products and services from us or our partners.
- would like us to cease processing your Personal Information for a specified purpose or in a specified manner.
7. How To Contact Us
Write in to us at:
Berjaya Corporation Berhad
Level 12 (West Wing), Berjaya Times Square,
No. 1, Jalan Imbi, 55100 Kuala Lumpur.
Fax: 03 - 2144 0935